Friday, June 11, 2010

Context Menu and the word "Select"

After an agonizing 2 hrs struggle i found out that you cannot use the "Select" as a custom context menu item.

I was trying to add a custom context menu item for a Tree component. So when i right click on the elements of the tree there is an extra (custom) context menu "select" that appears, so the user can "select" the right element in the tree.
But little did i know that the "select" select was cursed (at least in this instance it is...).

I know that some where in the documentation adobe might have written that the word select should not be used as a custom context menu item, but here is my question to people who made the word "Select" a forbidden word....... Can you tell me more appropriate word for a situation that i described above...

At least i thought that the word "select" fit perfectly...

I hope this post will help someone save some time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment